ALL APPROVED SCHOLARSHIPS ARE ON HOLD
UNTIL THE NATIONAL SOCIAL DISTANCING ORDER IS REMOVED.
Please rest assured that your child’s funding will be available to them once their programs begin to function as normal
UPDATED: Policies-Please Review
Polices are updated frequently, even if you have submitted in the past please review.
Nominations are accepted year round. However, we only fund ONCE per quarter, please plan & apply accordingly for your program deadlines!!
- The board will review your nomination to determine eligibility on the next scheduled funding date (see schedule above).
- Agreements and Waivers must be signed prior to funding review. Available here: https://grantawishco.org/agreement/
- Once approved, the guardian will be contacted to confirm program. Families have 45 days to confirm a program. If we do not hear from you with-in this time you must wait for our NEXT quarterly nomination review.
- Once the program is confirmed, we will contact the providing organization with funding.
- Guardians will receive a post scholarship survey that is required to be returned in order to be considered for future funding.
Fine Print: We reserve the right to revoke scholarships due to lack of participation or adherence to our policies. AND We cannot reimburse for programs that have already been paid for. i.e. If a program is funded by other means prior to scholarship notification, the scholarship offer may be reduced or potentially terminated.
Frequently asked questions :
- Funding is based on funds availability.
- Children that have qualified in the past are NOT automatically qualified nor are their siblings.
- Scholarship amounts are determined on a family by family basis.
- We fund programs that provide positive peers and role models, one on one programs or lessons will be reviewed on a case by case basis.
- If a child is approved we will review of attendance & participation before reviewing for further funding.
- Each child can be nominated once a year, beginning from the the date we receive their nomination.
- Each program has a different cost associated with it, it is up to the family to find the best program for their child including; location, dates & times, as well as how to fund the program once the scholarship amount has been used (plan ahead accordingly). We can offer options and suggestions of organizations we work with when needed.
- Some Camps are NOT fundable. Only camps that offer further education in an environment with positive peers and role models for a program will be considered, for example: basketball camp, mash camp, music camp.
- We are not associated or affiliated with any of the programs we fund, nor do we have any authority over other agencies or entities.